Weekly Prayer List May 21st, 2017
Please remember in your prayers:
1. Ted Rizo – Prayers for successful hip surgery Friday May 26th.
2. Marcia – A cancer patient, finishing chemo – strength & complete recovery.
3. Robert – 19 year old paralyzed from neck down from freak sport accident.
4. Leilani – Born with hole in lung – lung collapsed – doctors are not hopeful for recovery – to make situation worse, these parents Scott & Christina had a baby girl two years ago and she only lived a few days. Sharon’s friend’s granddaughter.
5. Healthy Pregnancy & Delivery: Olivia, Jackie, Amanda, Kristin, Taylor and Lynn.
6. Our Military: Drew, John, Jeremy, Danny and Cameron. Also prayers for the safety of the United States and for an end to terror attacks around the world.
7. Through the Intercessions of St. Nectarios, pray unto God for those who are battling cancer: Jenna, Christine, Tom, Joe, Erica, John, Amy, Tom, Daphne, Mike, Craig, Kathleen, Sherri, Valynda, Monica, Olga, Irina, Stuart, Don, Cynthia, Mary, Barb, Pearl, Nikki, Lois, Ardith, Rose, Dan, Lisa, Connie, Nancy, Carol, Willie, Kevin, Marie, John, Fr. Patrick and Teclebrahan.
8. Safe Travel: Matushka Michelle and Zakaria.
9. Mike Rizo – Prayers for permanent employment.
10. George Vrame – Fell asleep in the Lord. Please pray for the repose of his soul and strength for his family, Maria, Fr. Tony and Chris.
More prayers needed for:
1. Rob – Received a bone marrow transplant 5-9 – prayers for success.
2. Mark Bach – Hospitalized at Alexian Brothers – have no update.
3. Jackie Thorpe – Marcia’s daughter-in-law – peace & success for her journey of chemo.
4. Mike Bauml Sr. – Has fallen asleep in the Lord on 5-7. May his memory be eternal.
Repeat prayer requests for the young children:
1. Ella Sabine Casten - spinal muscular atrophy. Had surgery in July 2015, Mark - 8 year old diagnosed with leukemia, Blake - Teenager with severe seizures - Nieman Pick Disease, Trenton - 7 year old had meningitis - now blind with severe handicaps, Alex B. - Improved health, Laine - rare Batten's Disease. (her brother just died 3-26 from it), Liam - Fighting Muscular dystrophy, Matthew - 11 years old with muscular dystrophy, Austin - Barbara Pappas' grandson who has a brain tumor, Evelyn - 6 yr old - survived heart surgery to remove a cancerous tumor - now chemo, Hazel - 12 month old - had foot amputated 9-3-15 - surely needs our prayers, Joe - 13 years old - Leukemia - 7-1 from Mike Bauml, and Brooke - severe autism.
Our St. Luke Family: Angie, Paul, George, Eugenia, Sylvia, George and Eugene.
Focused Group Prayer: If possible, let's all say a prayer for the safety of the United States & a return to a Godly nation & world - praying together at 8 PM.
Prayers for our Orthodox Prisoners:Please refer to your list and please add Michael.
Updates:1. Aurelia, Lynn Rizo’s mom, had successful surgery after cutting her fingers in blender. Monday she is having surgery to remove the pins. Lynn wishes to thank everyone for the prayers.
2. Daryl is doing well with the med’s for his heart and is on a heart transplant list. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers until he gets a new heart. His family thanks everyone for the prayers.
3. Kevin, on our St. Nectarios list, is still having treatment, but it seems to be working.
4. Susan, on our St. Nectarios list is now remission – keep the prayers going!
5. Jim Paziotopoulos is doing well & his family is thankful for all the prayers.
"The devil is afraid of us when we pray and make sacrifices. He is also afraid when we are humble and good. He is especially afraid when we love Jesus very much. He runs away when we make the Sign of the Cross. " - St. Anthony the Great