Weekly Prayer List August 1st, 2021
PLEASE REMEMBER IN YOUR PRAYERS:
1. Gerald – In a coma after brain surgery – not expected to recovery – prayers also for his wife Sherry during this difficult time.
2. HEALTHY PREGNANCY FOR MOTHER & BABY: Erika (Aug), Marika (Sept), Alexis (Oct), Rachel (Oct), and Elizabeth (?).
3. OUR ST. LUKE FAMILY: Mike for continued healing, Helen, Tom, Paul, Sylvia, & Vivian.
4. THROUGH THE INTERCESSIONS OF ST. NECTARIOS, PLEASE PRAY TO GOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE BATTLING CANCER: Karen, Terri, Cindy, Bob, Jackie, Chris, Roy, Mary Jane, Carol, Helen, Tim, Michael, Panagiota, Maryanne, Pete, Don, Kimberly, Nicole, Liz, Judy, Danny, John, Fr. Nicholas, Sandra, Susan, Leah, Helen, Elaine, Orsinia, Joseph, Dave, and Val.
5. OUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: Dr. Angela, Dr. Luke, Nadya, Steven, Nicholas, Kristen, Rachel, Kevin, Suzy, Mike, Julie, Joe, Sean, Evelyn, Morgan, Myma, Matthew, Alayna, Christina, George, Casey, Shanna, Jessica, and Theodora.
6. OUR ORTHODOX PRISONERS: Please refer to your list for names.
7. SAFE TRAVEL: (1) Mary Ellen until 8-8 (2) Sharon, her husband Ted, and sister-in-law Peggy and friends to South Dakota 7-30 to 8-7.
8. Sarah who we prayed for recently had a blood clot in her brain removed today after a fall early this morning (her daughter thought it was a stroke due to speech loss) -- waiting to see if it's a full recovery as the surgeon didn't see any damage -- he said they found her early and got her the proper care and made his job easier. Pray for a full recovery, Sarah is such a fighter.
MORE PRAYERS PLEASE FOR:
1. Nadia – Angiogram showed no heart issues – prayers for correct diagnosis.
3. Elaine – Pancreatic cancer has spread to her liver – starting a new chemo treatment next week – former co-worker of Caye’s.
4. Patti – From our St. Nectarios list – prayers her surgery Monday showed NO cancer.
5. John – Improved health – from Mary Ellen.
REPEAT PRAYERS FOR THE YOUNG CHILDREN:
1. Alex – Improved health.
2. Brook – Autism
3. Patrick – 13 years old – Lymphoma in remission – continues to be monitored for his new heart.
4. Philip – Autistic
5. Emily – Downs syndrome & heart issues.
6. Molly – Chemo for growth of tumors – doing well, last chemo treatment in August.
7. Ella – Spinal muscular atrophy type 2.
8. Violet – Cystic fibrosis
9. Livia – 4-year-old heart transplant.
10. Kendall – Issues with Hydrocephalus & GI abnormalities – only 4 months old.
Leah on our St. Nectarios list really needs our prayers. She is mother of four young children and battling cancer. Cancer has metastasized to her liver. Prayers for God’s mercy as she receives experimental treatments.
"Unceasing prayer is born of love, while faultfinding, idle talk and self-indulgence are the death of prayer. The man who loves God is able to keep his mind on Him day and night since no form of activity interferes with loving God……" - St. Silouan the Athonite