Weekly Prayer List March 17th, 2019
Please remember in your prayers:
1. Mike Bauml – recovering at home from heart attack and stent procedure.
2. Protinica Michelle – Prayer her eyes remain healthy.
3. Trey – Teen just diagnosed with lymphoma – from Jeanne B.
4. Kimberly – Diagnosed with stage four cancer – prayers for healing and for strength for her family.
5. Wes – Upcoming court hearing for full custody of his daughter (friend of Sloan family).
6. Healthy Pregnancy for Mother & Baby: Marika, Renee, Ashley, Mallory, Angela, Lauren and Jackie.
7. Through the Intercessions of St. Nectarios, pray unto God for those who are battling cancer: Stuart, Susan, Lori, Mike, Stefan, Lincoln, Kathleen, Gabriella, John, Mike, Robert, Gary, Mary, Helen, Rick, Drew, Lauren, Tom, Patti, Ellen, Lynn, Lynn, Don, Carol, Tom, Nicole, Dennis, Rene, John, Trey and Kimberly.
8. Our St. Luke Family: Paul and Sylvia for health and Allie for safety in Spain.
9. Please remember our Orthodox Prisoners: Refer to your list for names.
10. Linda & Lee – Safe travel through the 25th.
11. Newly Departed: (1) Nancy, from our St. Nectarios list, sadly fell asleep in the Lord. She thanked Jeanne last week for all our prayers. (2) Connie, also from our list, fell asleep in the Lord – her family is very grateful for all the prayers. Memory eternal.
12. Hank Hanagraaff, the famous “Bible Answer Man”, who converted to Orthodoxy in 2017 has cancer and going thru chemo. I promised at a program of his, our St. Lukians would pray for him.
More prayers for:
1. Tom – For improved health – from Mary Ellen.
2. Lucia – New born baby hospitalized with meningitis – from Esther.
3. Sophia – Her baby was due in April, but sadly baby Malachi fell asleep in the Lord. Please keep this family in your prayers. Parishioner of St. Joseph mission.
Repeat prayer requests for the young children:
1. Matthew who has muscular dystrophy is now 17 years old – please continue to pray for him – Thanks, Stea.
2. Brook – 6 years old, severe autism.
3. Alex - Improved health.
Focused Group Prayer: If possible, let's all say a prayer for the safety of the United States & a return to a Godly nation & world - praying together at 8 PM.
"Do not become despondent in your sorrows, and do not give up. Read the Gospel more frequently and more extensively. Jesus Christ forgave all who repented, but He also warned them: “Go and sin no more.” Turn to Him more often, acknowledge your failings, ask for help, constantly force yourself to say the Jesus Prayer, whether out loud or to yourself.” - Abbot Nikon of Russia