Weekly Prayer List January 24th, 2020
PLEASE REMEMBER IN YOUR PRAYERS:
1. HEALTHY PREGNANCY FOR MOTHER AND BABY: Amanda, Leah, Erika, Marika and Elizabeth (losing weight-condition which makes all food taste rancid) Mary & Christine’s cousin’s daughter in AZ).
2. THROUGH THE INTERCESSIONS OF ST. NECTARIOS, PLEASE PRAY TO GOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE BATTLING CANCER: Karen, Terri, Cindy, Bob, Jackie, Chris, Roy, Mary Jane, Carol, 12-year-old Patrick, Helene, Tim, Michael, Panagiota, Maryanne, Pete, Kimberly, George, Don, Kimberly, Nicole, Liz, Judy, Danny, and John.
3. OUR ST. LUKE FAMILY: Our Mike Bauml, now that the adrenal insufficiency is being treated the last chemo seemed to go smoothly, Helen, Tom, Paul, and Sylvia.
4. OUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: Dr. Angela, Dr. Luke, Nadya, Steven, Nicholas, Kristen, Rachel, Kevin, Suzy, Mike, Julie, Joe, Sean, Evelyn, Morgan, Myma, Matthew, Alayna, Christina, George, Casey, Shanna, and Jessica.
5. OUR ORTHODOX PRISONERS: Please remember prisoners are at high risk for Covid 19.
6. Michael – Sherry’s son, has fallen asleep in the Lord of Covid 19 at his hospice in Southern Illinois. May his memory be eternal! Prayers for comfort for Sherry and daughter Maria who wish to thank everyone for all their prayers offered for Michael.
7. Aurelia – Lynn R.’s mother fell asleep in the Lord on 1-12. She went peacefully. The Lord has answered many of our prayers to bring her peace and comfort. Thank you for all the prayers. May her memory be eternal, Lynn.
8. Fr. James Doyle – Memory Eternal! He had served the St. Luke parish during transitional times of St. Luke’s “infancy”. For the past 16 years he has been serving Assumption Greek Orthodox Church in Hegewich. Many at St. Luke’s have fond memories and gratitude for our time together with him.
9. Memory Eternal for the baby Margot and please pray for Michael, Jess and Michael John.
10. Memory Eternal - Judy passed away from covid.
11. Newly departed Valentina. She is Karen's husbands Grandmother. She passed yesterday, alone in Russia. Her husband passed away last September. Thank you, Mary Ellen.
12. Elena broke a bone in her foot last Sunday. For timely and complete healing (currently estimated at 6-8 weeks)
13. Father Nicholas Georgiou at Holy Apostles / Westchester – please add the cancer list. He has lymphoma and will be undergoing treatment for the next few months. Thank you, Elena Galinsk
UPDATE ON CASTEN FAMLY:
Ella Casten is on our list. Here is an article Michael wrote.
REPEAT PRAYERS FOR THE YOUNG CHILDREN:
1. Alex, improved health (2) Brook, autism (3) Matthew (4) Patrick 12 year old heart transplant and now diagnosed with lymphoma (5) Philip, autistic (6) Emily, Downs syndrome & heart damage (7) Molly, condition that causes benign tumors to grow, chemo for a year and (8) Ella, spinal muscular atrophy type 2.
GREAT UPDATE: Marcia wishes to thank everyone for all the prayers offered for her sister Pearl and brother-in-law Jeff, both recovered from Covid 19 at home. Also, their daughter Laurel is out of quarantine and anxiously waiting to get the vaccine.
“Unceasing prayer is born of love, while faultfinding, idle talk and self-indulgence are the death of prayers. The man who loves God is able to keep his mind on Him day and night since no form of activity interferes with loving God. The Spirit of God teaches us to pray for people and for all the world” - St. Silouan the Athonite