Weekly Prayer List November 28th, 2021
PLEASE REMEMBER IN YOUR PRAYERS:
1. Vinnie – Just diagnosed with colon cancer – from Mary Ellen.
2. Angie Kladis – Was hospitalized with flu – now home feeling better – prayers for complete recovery.
3. Dn. Nicholas & Elizabeth Jannakos – Covid – prayers for speedy recovery.
4. HEALTHY PREGNANCY FOR MOTHER AND BABY: Becky (Dec), Samantha (twins-March), Katie (June), and Dina.
5. OUR ST. LUKE FAMILY: Mike for continued healing, Paul D. in Aspired Health Care facility in LaGrange, Tom, Sylvia, Vivian, Sophia, Joe, and Ruth, Mary Jo’s mother.
6. THROUGH THE INTERCESSIONS OF ST. NECTARIOS, PLEASE PRAY TO GOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE BATTLING CANCER: Karen, Cindy, Jackie, Chris, Roy, Mary Jane, Carol, Helen, Michael, Panagiota, Maryanne, Pete, Don, Kimberly, Nicole, Liz, Judy, Fr. Nicholas, Sandra, Susan, Leah, Helen, Elaine, Orsinia, Joseph, Dave, Val, Carol, Sue, George, Carol, Kim, Dolly, Joe, John, Beth, Mary, Cathy, Rae, and Irene.
7. OUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: Dr. Angela, Dr. Luke, Nadya, Steven, Nicholas, Kristen, Rachel, Kevin, Suzy, Mike, Julie, Joe, Sean, Evelyn, Morgan, Myma, Matthew, Alayna, Christina, George, Casey, Shanna, Jessica, and Theodore.
8. OUR ORTHODOX PRISONERS: Please refer to your list for names.
9. OUR FARMERS: Prayers for the safety of our farmers during this fall harvest.
10. NEWLY DEPARTED: (1) Boris, Galina Noble’s brother, has died in Russia (2) Zelma, Cheryl Evangelopoulis’ mother, fell asleep in the Lord 11-19-21, prayers for her soul and comfort for the family. Memory Eternal.
11. Please add Vicki, my sister-in-law, and niece Maria, to your prayer list - both have Covid - for speedy recovery and that the rest of the family stays healthy. Thanks, Elena Galinski.
12. Please add my sister Christine to your prayers - she has Covid with fever and needs to receive infusion. Thank you, Mary.
13. My sister Christine received an infusion of monoclonal antibodies for her Covid yesterday, Sunday - she still has fever that comes and goes and doesn't feel any better - but thank God no worse - her husband Don just received his Covid test results and he too has Covid, but mild - please keep the prayers going!
14. Please pray for Michael, Dheanna's son, he has epilepsy and having trouble controlling the grand mal seizures that are coming fast and furious. Thank you, Dheanna.
15. Bridget, Nick Lisowski's niece, has been hospitalized due to Covid - prayers appreciated - thanks, Sue L.
16. Prayers for my sister Carol. Not doing well after her brain surgery. She is in the hospital intensive care. Fr Andrew.
17. Peter Tatooles' godfather Vasilios (William) passed away.. prayers for his soul would be appreciated - thank you, Peter.
18. My sister Christine is no better today, but again no worse - prayers please - thank you, Mary.
19. Please add Jamie to your prayers for healing of Covid - she has been hospitalized for five days - 40 something.
20. Please pray for my sister Christine - she didn't get better today and is on her way to Palos Hospital - thank you, Mary.
21. Doing a tiny bit better - she will stay over night in the hospital - she is extremely dehydrated and very weak - please keep praying, Mary.
MORE PRAYERS PLEASE FOR:
1. Chris – Michael Nickolaou’s uncle, hospitalized with complications due to Parkinson’s.
2. Marilyn – Just went into a nursing home due to Alzheimer’s – prayers for her and her husband Larry.
3. Jeff & Dawn – Husband & wife diagnosed with Covid – good friends of Mary Ellen.
4. Bernadine – 80 something – diagnosed with Covid.
5. Carley – Diagnosed with breast cancer – facing double mastectomy – from Liz W.
1. I’m grateful for all the prayers for my family. My mother Ruth received a stent and will have valve surgery soon. My dad Ron is glad to have her home. My Uncle Tom is now settled into assisted living. Once again, thank you, Mary Jo.
REPEAT PRAYER REQUEST FOR THE YOUNG CHILDREN:
1. Alex B. – Improved health.
2. Brook B. – Autism.
3. Patrick – Heart transplant in 2020 when he was 12 – now in remission for lymphoma.
4. Philip – Autistic.
5. Emily – Downs syndrome and heart damage.
6. Ella – spinal muscular atrophy type 2.
7. Violet – 1 year old (in 2021) with cystic fibrosis.
8. Livia – 4-year-old who had heart transplant.
9. Kendall – Hydrocephalus & GI abnormalities – several surgeries and will need more.
Imagine if we just went up and took communion without attending any of the prayers to go along with it. It seems that we would be partaking of mere, bread and wine. But when I attend the readings and the prayers, and witness that the bread and wine are consecrated and set apart for the purpose of becoming the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is then that I realize the importance of the Sacrament. Not only are the gifts being made holy, but through prayer and through listening to the readings, I am being made holy as well………> - St. Justin Martyr.