Weekly Prayer List January 12th, 2020
Please remember in your prayers:
1. Kara – She will be having a double mastectomy on Tuesday Jan. 14th, followed by a year of chemo. Kara has a husband and 3 children – prayers for successful surgery and treatment as well as strength for the family – cousin of Pat K.
2. Georgine – Early stages of dementia and acting very difficult – hopefully our prayers will help calm her down so she can interact with others – from Lee.
3. Alena – 22 year old living in Florida – had 2 heart transplants and now very sick – prayer she recovers – from Lee & Fr. Stavros in Tampa.
4. Heidi – Adult with Down’s syndrome – hospitalized today after convulsion due to pneumonia and flu – currently serious condition at Christ Hospital.
5. Olga – Luba’s sister, had cataract surgery on one eye this week, 2nd eye on 1-17.
6. Jean Marie – In hospice – prayers for a peaceful passing and strength for the Barton family.
7. Elizabeth Lillios – healing of neuropathy causing numbness of hand and feet. Member of St. Spyridon but attends St. Luke quite often – unable to attend church due to her condition.
8. HEALTHY PREGNANCY FOR MOTHER AND BABY: Diane, Evangelia, Constandina, Leah, Ursula, Amanda, Myrna and Brandy. Brandy is due in the spring and lives in Kentucky. Baby will be a great nephew of Nick Lisowski – situation not the healthiest or ideal so prayers are appreciated for the health of mom and baby.
9. THROUGH THE INTERSESSION OF ST. NECTARIOS, PRAY UNTO GOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE BATTLING CANCER: Fr. Patrick, Susan, Phoebe, Katherine, Kimberly, Pamela, Bill, Andy, Lori, Don, Helen, Nicole, Bob and Dheanna.
10. PLEASE REMEMBER OUR ORTHODOX PRISONERS: Refer to your list for names.
11. OUR ST. LUKE FAMILY: Helen, Tom, Paul, Sylvia and Nicholas W.
12. Fr. John Kuchta – Fell asleep in the Lord – Fr. John served St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Joliet for over 56 years. Fr. John is the grandfather of our parishioner, Alayna Jarotkiewicz. Memory eternal.
13. Chuck’s brother-in-law Andy, who was recently diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer, died suddenly last night. His family is grateful for the many prayers. Andy’s passing means he did not have to suffer very long with his aggressive illness—a blessing.
14. Ron Smith - Memory Eternal.
MORE PRAYERS PLEASE FOR:
1. Katie – Having final stages of pregnancy problems – hospitalized – from Pat Dime.
2. Marcia – Prayers for speedy recovery from a very severe sinus infection.
3. Sharon & Ted – Safe travel through 1-19.
REPEAT REQUEST PRAYERS FOR THE CHILDREN:
1. Alex –Improved health.
2. Brook – Autism.
3. Matthew – muscular dystrophy.
4. Patrick – 12 years old who needs heart transplant.
5. Philip – 8 year old autistic and very difficult to handle.
UPDATE ON CASTEN FAMLY: