Weekly Prayer List November 10th, 2019
Please remember in your prayers:
1. Bill – Recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer – please pray for a successful treatment for this cancer – longtime family friend of Greg W.
2. Peter – born with his heart on the opposite side of his body & upside down – underwent surgery at Washington hospital yesterday, 11-6 – doctors were able to place a 3 lead pacemaker, which was difficult – needs close monitoring – he needs our prayers – thank you, Maria K.
3. HEALTHY PREGNANCY FOR MOTHER AND BABY: Alayna (twins), Diane and Evangelia.
4. THROUGH THE INTERCESSIONS OF ST. NECTARIOS, PRAY UNTO GOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE BATTLING CANCER: Susan, Lori, Stefan, Lincoln, Kathleen, Gabriella, John, Mike, Robert, Gary, Mary, Helen, Rick, Lauren, Patti, Ellen, Lynn, Don, Carol, Tom, Nicole (see update below), John, Trey, Kimberly, Hank, David, Elaine, Gus, Rose, Steve, Rob, Richard, Tina, Barbara, Ann, Ryan, Michelle, Adriana, Pamela, Fr. Patrick, Susan, Phoebe and Katherine.
5. OUR ST. LUKE FAMILY: Helen, Tom, Paul and Sylvia for health and strength.
6. PLEASE REMEMBER OUR ORTHODOX PRISONERS: And all prisoners – refer to your list for names.
7. Our Farmers – Prayers for the safety of all our farmers during harvest season.
8. Fr. Howard & Fr. Andrew – Traveling to Antarctica 11-5 to the 27th.
9. Julie & Sean – Safe travel.
10. NEWLY DEPARTED: (1) Bob, co-worker of Greg (2) Raymond, father of Luba’s close friend. May their memory be eternal.
11. Please add Rose to our St. Nectarios list - cervical cancer - Ron Smith's sister-in-law.
12. Please add Constandina to our pregnancy list - member of Archangel Michael's Church in Burbank - due in May.
13. Safe travel for Sherry's daughter Maria - 11-13 until 11-18 - out of the country.
MORE PRAYERS NEEDED FOR:
1. Karen B. – Doctors found a spot on her breast and two spots on her right lung – prayers for good test results – wonderful Christian family & would really appreciate the prayers.
Prayer Request for the Chronically Ill Children:
1. Alex (improved health), Brook (severe autism), Matthew (muscular dystrophy) and infant Peter.
Focused Group Prayer: If possible, let's all say a prayer for the safety of the United States & a return to a Godly nation & world - praying together at 8 PM.
UPDATE ON CASTEN FAMLY:
“Let us maintain an attentiveness which keeps our body in permanent tension. Thanks to this tension, even when we sleep we can bear in mind the aim of our life. Prayer can penetrate as far as what psychologists call the subconscious. A true ascetic keeps control over what happens in himself at all times, even during sleep. If bad thoughts arise, he gets up and prays. Thus, little by little, our conscience will illuminate everything we do in daily life." - Archimandrite Sophrony of Essex