7 Habits Of A Visitor Friendly Church
by Lee Kopulos
At St. Luke Church we work very hard at attracting and keeping visitors. We have a very organized written plan and it works. However, there is always room for improvement as well as new ideas. So Fr. Andrew and I spent the day at a Seminar in Naperville reviewing the basics and getting new ideas.
Here are some key points of the Seminar
1. No one comes to a Church to get involved but few stay unless they do! Keeping and assimilating them is key.
2. Since 10% of your membership will leave every year, you must attract a steady stream of guests. By the way, a visitor is really a GUEST. Guests can come back stay and become members. Visitors don't return.
3. A Guests return visit (2nd visit) is the most important. 85% who make the second visit become members. At St. Luke Parish it's over 90% .
4. What influences people to come to Church? What is your guess? Is it Advertising, Door to Door Neighborhood visits, Priest Contact, Invitation from a Friend or Relative. The answers are at the end of this article
5. Churches that grow encourage relationships. The vast majority of people who come to Church are influenced by FRAN - FRIENDS, RELATIVES, ASSOCIATES & NEIGHBORS111
6. HOW CAN YOU HELP ST.LUKE GROW? By Becoming a FRAN- PERSON and inviting everyone you know who needs the SAVING GRACE OF CHRIST our GOD to Church to be illumined!!!
7. The BIBLE references for this article are: Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; Luke 24:45-50 and Acts 1: 8-9. Please see what God says is YOUR purpose in life.